Sportorn is Designed to Keep You Up-to-Date with Everything You Need to Know About the World of Sport.
⎯ 《 Sportorn • Com 》
You’re asking the wrong person – Emma Hayes not interested in title permutations
You’re asking the wrong person – Emma Hayes not interested in title permutations
Chelsea boss Emma Hayes insists she has no time to monitor the Women’s Super League table, despite a scenario that could see her side seal a fourth straight title on Sunday. The second-placed Blues, fresh from lifting their third consecutive FA Cup, are one point behind Manchester United, but have a game in hand on the league leaders, who have just two remaining in their campaign. That means victory against West Ham on Tuesday and Arsenal on Sunday would be enough for Chelsea should United fail to beat Manchester City on the penultimate day of the season. Hayes was adamant she is unaware of how invested her players might be in potential permutations, saying: “I promise you I’ve got so much to do I’m not privy to some of their ridiculous conversations, thank goodness. “They don’t want me being part of them anyway. We’re all football fans too, but I know the dressing room and, as far as we’re concerned, we’re in control of what we want to do and that’s I think all we focus on. “I didn’t even realise we could go top if we won tomorrow until someone told me yesterday, so you’re asking the wrong person here about all of those things. I don’t pay attention to them because your head gets away with you, so I’ve learned now I never look at them.” West Ham are still in search of a first league win in 2023. Manager Paul Konchesky said: “It’s a tough time, for me, it’s a tough time for them and as a whole group at the club. We know we’re going through a tough time, but there are games where we have been really close to winning and we haven’t won. It even looks worse when we haven’t picked up points. “We haven’t been out of any game, we’ve been in most games we’ve played and it just hasn’t turned the corner for us.” Arsenal are fighting to retain their place in the Champions League for another season after selling out the Emirates Stadium for their semi-final against Wolfsburg earlier this month. With three European spots available, Jonas Eidevall will hope to put some distance between his third-placed side and Manchester City below them when the Gunners travel to Everton. Arsenal are level on 44 points with City but have played one game fewer and also have a better goal difference. Eidevall anticipates Tuesday’s opponents will be ready to bounce back from their thumping 7-0 defeat to defending champions Chelsea last time out. He said: “I always expect our opponents to be fully motivated. I expect us to be fully motivated as well, so my expectations are never different from that. I don’t want to draw too much conclusion on that result last week. “There were performances in that game that were good from Everton, and there were performances that were not so good, like in any football game you play, so we just need to prepare our way playing the game.” Everton manager Brian Sorensen assuaged fears that City loanee and England international Jess Park could be ruled out of World Cup consideration with the same shoulder injury that has forced her to miss the remainder of the domestic campaign. He said: “No, it’s a six-week injury and it was three weeks ago now. She should be ready to go on the pitch when we play the last game against City, I think that’s the time schedule. That’s the latest I’ve heard. She’s back at City, she’s in their hands. But last I spoke to her, it shouldn’t affect (it), so let’s cross our fingers for that.” The sixth-placed Toffees are assured of another top-flight season but, with 27 points, are well out of European contention. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Can Pep get the better of Carlo? – 5 talking points ahead of City’s semi-final Jon Rahm hoping to ‘ride the wave’ of success at US PGA Championship England are ‘hellbent’ on World Cup success, says head coach Jess Thirlby
2023-05-16 23:51
Braga vs Real Madrid - Champions League: TV channel, team news, lineups & prediction
Braga vs Real Madrid - Champions League: TV channel, team news, lineups & prediction
Previewing Real Madrid's Champions League group stage game against Braga on Tuesday night, including how to watch on TV, live stream, predicted lineups and score prediction.
2023-10-23 19:55
LAFC's Mamadou Fall joins Barcelona on loan
LAFC's Mamadou Fall joins Barcelona on loan
Mamadou Fall signs for Barcelona on loan from LAFC.
2023-09-03 23:55
'No-ego' former physio Nienaber an unlikely Springboks coach
'No-ego' former physio Nienaber an unlikely Springboks coach
Jacques Nienaber is far removed from the stereotype of an international...
2023-09-03 09:17
Packers DBs made sure Jordan Love didn’t get an easy training camp
Packers DBs made sure Jordan Love didn’t get an easy training camp
Green Bay Packers cornerback Jaire Alexander said he tried to get in the head of quarterback Jordan Love, but to no avail.
2023-08-27 06:19
Why is Liverpool v Brentford not on TV? Kick-off time and team news for Premier League fixture
Why is Liverpool v Brentford not on TV? Kick-off time and team news for Premier League fixture
Liverpool take on Brentford as Jurgen Klopp’s side bid to maintain their challenge towards the top of the Premier League. Klopp’s men suffered a setback at Luton in their last league outing, with Luis Diaz’s stoppage time goal only enough to salvage a point at Kenilworth Road. A defeat to Toulouse in the Europa League continued a mixed recent run that has seen the Anfield club take only eight points from their last five league games. By contrast, Brentford have hit form, winning each of their last three fixtures after a slow start to the season. Here’s everything you need to know. Get the latest Premier League odds here. When is Liverpool vs Brentford? Liverpool vs Brentford is due to kick off at 2pm GMT on Sunday 12 November at Anfield. How can I watch it? Viewers in the United Kingdom will not be able to watch the match live, with Sky Sports showing West Ham vs Nottingham Forest instead. Free-to-air, extended highlights will be available to watch on Match of the Day 2, which airs at 10.40pm on Sunday evening on BBC One and is available via the iPlayer. The fixture has been moved from a Saturday 3pm kick-off due to the Reds’ involvement in the Europa League on Thursday. Team news Alexis Mac Allister is suspended after picking up a fifth yellow card of the season against Luton, forcing Jurgen Klopp into a midfield change. Wataru Endo is likely to come in, though Klopp admitted on Friday that he would consider Trent Alexander-Arnold as a midfield option. Virgil van Dijk should be available after illness but Andy Robertson and Thiago Alcantara are among Liverpool’s longer-term absentees. Brentford manager Thomas Frank took off goalkeeper Mark Flekken last week with an apparent injury, but the Dutchman seems to have recovered sufficiently from a dead leg to start. Aaron Hickey, though, will miss the rest of the year to add to a growing injury list for Frank. Predicted line-ups Liverpool XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Gravenberch, Endo, Szoboszlai; Salah, Nunez, Jota. Brentford XI: Flekken; Roerslev, Ajer, Collins, Pinnock, Janelt; Jensen, Norgaard, Onyeka; Mbeumo, Wissa. Odds Liverpool win 2/5 Draw 4/1 Brentford win 11/2 Get all the latest Premier League odds here. Prediction Liverpool secure a narrow victory. Liverpool 2-1 Brentford Read More Mikel Arteta praises VAR and officials as 10-man Arsenal beat Burnley Victor Lindelof: Scoring more goals is next step for Manchester United Man United can ‘make life easy by scoring goals’, says Erik ten Hag after Luton win Chelsea’s downward spiral offers stark warning to Man City It is hard to overtake Manchester City under Pep Guardiola – Mauricio Pochettino Pep Guardiola: Only small clubs worry about selling players to their rivals
2023-11-12 18:26
Diogo Dalot happy to continue ‘special journey’ after signing new Man Utd deal
Diogo Dalot happy to continue ‘special journey’ after signing new Man Utd deal
Diogo Dalot says everyone at Manchester United feels like they are “at the start of a special journey” after signing a new deal until at least 2028. The 24-year-old right-back joined from Porto in 2018 and has gone on to make 107 appearances in all competitions for the club. Dalot, who spent the 2020-21 season on loan at AC Milan, has now signed new terms at Old Trafford for the next five years, with the option of a further season. “Playing for Manchester United is one of the highest honours that you can have in football,” the 11-cap Portugal international said. “We have shared some fantastic moments over the past five years and I’ve grown so much and my passion for this incredible club has only increased since the day that I joined. “As a group of players, we all feel like we are at the start of a special journey right now. “I can assure you that I will dedicate myself relentlessly to helping this group to achieve our aims and make the fans proud of this team. “That drive continues this week with everyone intensely focused on preparations for the FA Cup final.” Dalot began the season superbly under Erik ten Hag, but much-improved Aaron Wan-Bissaka may get the nod to start Saturday’s FA Cup final at right-back. Irrespective of his role against Manchester City this weekend, United football director John Murtough is delighted by the strides the full-back has made. “Diogo is an excellent defender, with a great combination of pace, strength and versatility,” he said. “He has consistently developed, improving year-on-year since joining the club in 2018. “Diogo’s work ethic and professionalism is superb; the way in which he prepares himself every day in order to perform at his highest level is exactly what we all want from a Manchester United player. “Diogo has a strong mentality, high standards and a great personality, and we are delighted that he will remain an important member of the squad for the coming years.”
2023-05-31 23:54
Lionel Messi quits PSG amid new club talks
Lionel Messi quits PSG amid new club talks
Lionel Messi will leave Paris Saint-Germain this summer after two seasons at the club. The manager Christophe Galtier confirmed the news ahead of PSG’s final game of the season this weekend. “I had a privilege of coaching the best player in the history of football,” Galtier said. “It will be Leo’s last match at the Parc des Princes against Clermont.” Messi, 35, has been linked with a return to Barcelona, and manager Xavi revealed this week that talks have taken place. “I told the president that Messi return makes sense,” Xavi said. “No doubts at all, he is perfect for our system and idea. I’ve the tactical plan in mind with Leo. It’s up to Leo. I think he has to decide, it’s up to him… I’m speaking with Leo, yes.” While a reunion with his former club would be the romantic choice, there are also lucrative offers on the table from the US, where the David Beckham-owned Inter Miami are exploring a deal, and Saudi Arabia. Al-Hilal are prepared to pay the Argentinian £1bn over a two-year period in order to compete against his former rival Cristiano Ronaldo, who plays for Al-Nassr. Messi has made 74 appearances for PSG, scoring 32 goals. He arrived in the French capital to great fanfare but struggled to make an impact in his first season and was overshadowed by teammate Kylian Mbappe, as they won Ligue 1 but crashed out of the Champions League in the first knockout round. This season has been a similar story, albeit with the added bonus of a French Cup triumph. Messi was booed by some PSG fans following the World Cup after leading Argentina to glory against France in the final. Read More Karim Benzema weighing up €100m offer to leave Real Madrid On This Day in 2011: Lionel Messi stars as Barcelona win Champions League Harry Kane taking inspiration from greats as he eyes another decade at top
2023-06-01 20:21
Eddie Jones has no regrets over England exit
Eddie Jones has no regrets over England exit
Eddie Jones says he has no regrets over his England exit as he prepares to return to Twickenham for the first time since his sacking, leading...
2023-05-24 23:28
NBA rumors: Bulls really want to re-sign Nikola Vucevic for 3 more years
NBA rumors: Bulls really want to re-sign Nikola Vucevic for 3 more years
According to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Bulls are looking to keep Nikola Vucevic for the next three years, which could make Bulls fans sad.The Chicago Bulls made the Play-In Tournament but couldn't actually break through into the actual playoffs. Despite a disappointing season...
2023-06-06 03:50
Jamaica uses crowdfunding, focus to hit Women's World Cup high point against France
Jamaica uses crowdfunding, focus to hit Women's World Cup high point against France
Jamaica, a team that needed crowdfunding to help get to the Women's World Cup, holds top contender France to a scoreless draw Sunday to score its first-ever World Cup point
2023-07-23 22:55
Ex-girlfriend drops lawsuits against Tiger Woods, says she never claimed sexual harassment
Ex-girlfriend drops lawsuits against Tiger Woods, says she never claimed sexual harassment
Golf superstar Tiger Woods's ex-girlfriend has dropped her $30 million lawsuit against the trust that owns his $54 million Florida mansion
2023-11-17 07:45