
Man City move for Lucas Paqueta in doubt
Manchester City's move for West Ham's Lucas Paqueta is in doubt.
2023-08-18 21:27

Erik ten Hag offers David de Gea advice to struggling Andre Onana
Erik ten Hag challenges Andre Onana to follow in David de Gea's footsteps & overcome his struggles at Man Utd.
2023-10-20 20:23

Ange Postecoglou meets with Harry Kane as Bayern interest in striker grows
New Tottenham head coach Ange Postecoglou has admitted last week’s meeting with Harry Kane was “nothing earth-shattering” but still a good chat amid Bayern Munich’s growing efforts to lure the forward to Germany. Kane has entered the final 12 months of his deal with Spurs and speculation over his future has heightened in recent weeks. The England captain returned to training on Wednesday and held a meeting with Postecoglou, but the Australian has played down its significance. Postecoglou told reporters at a press conference, via football.london, from the WACA Ground in Perth: “I had a good chat with Harry. “Nothing earth-shattering as people are seeking. Just a good chat, introduced myself, spoke about the club and where we can improve.” Bayern appeared to up the ante regarding Kane at the weekend with the club’s honorary president Uli Hoeness claiming an agreement over personal terms had been reached with the Spurs forward. “Harry Kane has clearly signalled in all conversations that his decision stands – and if he keeps to his word then we’ll get him, because then Tottenham will have to buckle,” Hoeness told German TV channel Sport1. “Kane wants to play internationally and luckily for us Tottenham will not be active internationally next year. “He now has another opportunity to come to a top club in Europe. “Up to now, the father and the brother have always stood by what they promised. If it stays that way, that’s OK.” Kane was spotted interacting with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy upon arriving in Australia this weekend for the club’s tour of Perth, Bangkok and Singapore. While Bayern continue to push to secure the services of the England captain and have reportedly lodged two bids for the forward, Spurs’ stance remains the same, they have no intention of selling Kane. Spurs’ record goalscorer has also been offered a new contract that is a significant increase on his current £200,000-a-week terms, the PA news agency understands. Kane is yet to make a decision on the new deal but Tottenham and chairman Levy continue to stand firm on their desire to keep the striker. Bayern honorary president Hoeness added: “Levy is clever, he doesn’t name a number. First we have to get him to name a number. “Of course he plays for time. I think he’s a savvy, super professional, I appreciate him a lot – but I don’t think there are people on the other side who have been doing it since yesterday.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Wimbledon 2023: Women’s history made as men’s game has a changing of the guard It will be surreal – Chloe Mustaki cannot believe she will play at a World Cup From Chris Eubanks to Mirra Andreeva – Wimbledon’s headline makers in 2023
2023-07-17 14:16

Barcelona agree €40m transfer for coveted Brazilian teenager
Barcelona have agreed a €40m deal with Athletico Paranaense to sign Brazil international forward Vitor Roque.
2023-07-05 02:57

How total cost of Brighton XI that beat Man Utd defies Erik ten Hag's transfer claims
How the total cost of the Brighton XI that beat Manchester United defies Erik ten Hag's post-game comments on transfer spending.
2023-09-19 04:53

Cubs rumors: Marcus Stroman's future, Bellinger injury, and more
The Cubs are in the midst of a tailspin, but there is still some good news to be had in the rumor mill.The Chicago Cubs aren't last in the NL Central, that lovely honor goes to the St. Louis Cardinals. But with the Cardinals 8-2 in their last 10 and the Cubs 2-8, Chicago may not be able to ...
2023-05-20 02:25

David Goodwillie vows to ‘speak my truth’ after another club cancels his deal
Former Scotland striker David Goodwillie has vowed to “finally speak my truth” after his latest attempt to return to football was kiboshed following another public backlash. Australian second-tier side FC Sorrento announced on Wednesday that they had recruited the 34-year-old, who was ruled by a judge at a civil court case in 2017 to have raped a woman in 2011. After the news of Goodwillie’s impending arrival was not well-received on social media, however, the Perth-based club released another statement just hours later revealing they had cancelled the former Dundee United, Blackburn, Aberdeen and Plymouth player’s contract. It is his third deal in 18 months to collapse after moves to Scottish Championship side Raith and English non-league outfit Radcliffe were also quashed following ferocious criticism of their decision to sign him. Goodwillie subsequently opened a Twitter account and shared a post on Wednesday afternoon in which he declared that he owes it to his wife and children to speak out in the face of “misinformation” about his situation. “Due to recent events, I feel it’s only right to myself, and finally speak my truth,” it read. “For the past year I have actively tried to speak with the tabloids/news/interviewers anyone that would listen and had the same outcome, they weren’t willing to give me a platform to tell my side, I was told they would come across hypocritical. “I’m going to take the next few days and write everything down and share it with whoever wants to hear what I have to say. “I owe it to my wife and children, a lot has been said that is misinformation, I have been silenced for long enough, there will nothing off the table, and after that if anyone has any questions on what I have to say, I will try and answer them all in time.” Goodwillie and fellow footballer David Robertson were deemed by a judge at a civil court in January 2017 to have raped a 30-year-old woman at a property in Armadale, West Lothian, after a night out in nearby Bathgate in January 2011. Criminal charges against Goodwillie were dropped in 2011 due to lack of evidence. Goodwillie was playing for English club Plymouth at the time of the civil court judgement and left “by mutual consent” just days after the ruling. Two months later, in March 2017, he signed for Clyde despite fierce criticism of the Bully Wee’s decision to give him a deal. He played for the Cumbernauld-based club for almost five years, becoming club captain and scoring 109 goals in more than 170 appearances, before Raith moved to sign him in February last year. Following widespread opposition to the move, Goodwillie was released from his contract without playing a match. A year later, there was a similar situation when Northern Premier League side Radcliffe responded to criticism by cancelling Goodwillie’s contract a day after he scored a hat-trick on his debut against Belper Town. And now Sorrento have followed suit. On Wednesday morning, they revealed the signing of the Scottish forward along with two other new recruits. “SFC are pleased to announce we have added three players to our mid season first team. Clay Gibbs, David Goodwillie & Callum Dobbs have all joined!” read the initial statement from the Perth-based club. Sorrento head coach Steven McGarry, who played in Scotland when Goodwillie was beginning his career more than a decade ago, added: “With David, we get a player with real quality and experience. “He’s played in the top leagues in England and Scotland while also representing Scotland at international level so he’s a massive addition to the club.” But just hours later, Sorrento deleted their initial post and released another statement. “Sorrento Football Club has rescinded its contract with David Goodwillie,” it read. “David was scheduled to arrive in Perth within the next week to commence playing with the Club for the remainder of the 2023 NPLM season. “The arrangement was non-commercial in nature. The Club has informed David of its decision and apologises to anyone in our football and broader community that may have been caused offence by his signing.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live UEFA to prevent clubs spreading cost of transfers with lengthy contracts Jonny Bairstow steals the show at Lord’s – Wednesday’s sporting social Everton to consult with fans about potential midseason stadium switch in 2024-25
2023-06-29 00:59

Chiefs fans forget the obvious, have way too much fun at Orlando Brown's expense
Orlando Brown wasn't shy about talking about his move from Kansas City to Cincinnati and Chiefs fans weren't shy about laughing at him after a disastrous Bengals start.
2023-09-11 05:18

Nikola Jokic's scores 32, Nuggets win 111-108 to keep the Clippers winless with James Harden
Nikola Jokic had 32 points, 16 rebounds and nine assists, and the Denver Nuggets beat Los Angeles 111-108 in an NBA In-Season Tournament game as the Clippers remained winless since acquiring James Harden last month
2023-11-15 14:20

Scherzer to start Game 3 of ALCS for Rangers against Astros
Max Scherzer will start Game 3 of the AL Championship Series for the Texas Rangers against the Houston Astros on Wednesday night
2023-10-17 03:16

Every VAR apology so far: From Liverpool offside to Man City handball
Liverpool have vowed to “explore every option available” after VAR failed to overturn Luis Diaz’s wrongly disallowed goal in Saturday’s defeat to Tottenham, in what the club described as an “unacceptable” error. The referees’ body PGMOL admitted VAR officials Darren England and Dan Cook failed to act after Diaz’s 34th-minute strike at Tottenham was wrongly ruled out for offside, with chief Howard Webb later apologising to Liverpool after the match. England and Cook were then stood down from duty from the rest of the weekend’s fixtures, while questions have also been asked after the pair took charge of a league match in the United Arab Emirates in midweek. A statement from Liverpool later read: “It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.” While the “significant human error” was undoubtedly the biggest mistake VAR has made since its introduction to the Premier League in 2019, it was not the first time a club have received an apology from PGMOL after a game. Here’s a run-through of every major incident that has led to an apology in the past two seasons. Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool Luis Diaz’s goal for Liverpool at Tottenham was incorrectly ruled out for offside because the VAR checking the decision mistakenly thought that the on-field decision was onside. The referees’ body, PGMOL, admitted after the match that a “significant human error” was made when checking Diaz’s goal. VAR official Darren England drew the lines to check for offside and followed the process correctly to determine Diaz was onside for the goal. But in reaching their decision, the VAR team failed to realise that on-field referee Simon Hooper and his assistant officials had initially ruled the goal out for offside. Therefore, when the VAR relayed a message of “check complete” to the on-field referee, Hooper and his team disallowed Diaz’s goal and awarded a free-kick to Tottenham. Howard Webb spoke to Liverpool after the match and there was an apology from the referees’ chief. Manchester United 1-0 Wolves Wolves manager Gary O’Neil received an apology from the Premier League after his team were denied a stoppage-time penalty in their 1-0 defeat to Manchester United. Andre Onana clattered into Sasa Kalajdzic deep into time added on, but Simon Hooper did not react and VAR Michael Salisbury deemed there was no foul. Tottenham 2-1 Brighton Brighton received an apology from PGMOL due to the failure to award a spot-kick following Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg’s foul on Kaoru Mitoma. VAR official Michael Salisbury was dropped from the next round of Premier League fixtures. Brighton also had two goals disallowed in the defeat. Everton 0-1 Man City Referees’ chief Mike Riley personally apologised to Everton manager Frank Lampard for mistakes made in a 1-0 defeat to Manchester City in February 2023. Lampard blasted VAR official Chris Kavanagh for being a “professional who cannot do his job right” after the loss to the Premier League champions. Kavanagh failed to advise referee Paul Tierney over a handball by Rodri which would have given the Toffees a late chance of a penalty equaliser. Arsenal 1-1 Brentford Arsenal received an apology after Ivan Toney’s equaliser was not fully checked by VAR. Lee Mason did not fully investigate an offside call against Christian Norgaard, who provided the assist for Toney’s leveller, with no lines drawn on the screen to determine whether the Denmark international should have been penalised. Mason left PGMOL by “mutual consent” the following week. Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton VAR John Brooks wrongly ruled out Pervis Estupinan’s opening goal after drawing the offside lines in the wrong place. The referee was then dropped from the next two Premier League fixtures. Brighton 2-1 Liverpool PGMOL accepted Fabinho should have been sent off for a challenge from behind on Brighton’s Evan Ferguson, which was only given as a yellow card despite a VAR review. Aston Villa 3-1 Manchester United A review into Lucas Digne’s free kick in Aston Villa’s win against Manchester United concluded that the defending team’s wall was positioned too far back by referee Anthony Taylor. After the defeat, Erik ten Hag said: “I think the free-kick is stoppable because the wall is too far. Okay, a small detail but details make the difference in top football.” Newcastle 0-0 Crystal Palace The PGMOL accepted Newcastle had an own goal by Crystal Palace’s Tyrick Mitchel wrongly disallowed after Joe Willock was determined to have impeded goalkeeper Vicente Guaita. Chelsea 2-1 West Ham On the same weekend, West Ham were denied a late equaliser at Stamford Bridge when Maxwel Cornet’s goal was ruled out, with Jarrod Bowen said to be impeding Edouard Mendy. PGMOL accepted the VAR had made an error - with Declan Rice saying it was “one of the worst VAR decisions since it came into the game”. Read More The Premier League now faces a credibility ‘crisis’ — and latest VAR farce is just the tip VAR officials who made Liverpool error took charge of UAE match just 48 hours before Liverpool to ‘explore options’ in response to ‘unacceptable’ VAR error More VAR disapproval as Nottingham Forest and Brentford both berate decisions Liverpool to ‘explore options’ in response to ‘unacceptable’ VAR error VAR officials who made Liverpool error took charge of UAE match just 48 hours before
2023-10-02 19:16

Liverpool open talks with Manu Kone & Khephren Thuram
Liverpool have held talks with the representatives of Borussia Monchengladbach's Manu Kone and Nice's Khephren Thuram over potential transfers this summer.
2023-05-31 16:56
You Might Like...

Arozarena completes three-run ninth as Rays rally to beat the Guardians 6-5

Pulisic stars on Serie A debut with stunning goal to help AC Milan win

Draymond Green gets Rudy Gobert in chokehold during massive tussle: Best memes, tweets

Blue Jays: 3 players Toronto should trade for not named Marcus Stroman

Rockies place outfielder Kris Bryant on 10-day injured list with fractured finger

The best goals of MLS matchday 31 - ranked

Andre Onana: Man Utd goalkeeper best Premier League shot-stopper data reveals

Pochettino aims to avoid a 'mess' as Chelsea eye more new signings