
The Bears' offense and QB Justin Fields are showing signs of growth
The Chicago Bears are showing growth on offense
2023-10-12 06:24

Another potential Braves trade comes with an obvious hurdle
If the Atlanta Braves are looking to boost their rotation, a pair of pitchers reportedly getting attention in Miami may represent a tough deal to pull off.
2023-12-01 07:28

Rainbow Laces release statement on Jordan Henderson's proposed Saudi move
Stonewall's director of external affairs releases a statement thanking Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, who is set to move to Saudi Arabia, for his support of the LGBTQ+ community.
2023-07-21 16:55

Antony available for Manchester United again as police inquiries continue
Manchester United winger Antony will return to training and be available for selection as he continues to co-operate with police inquiries into allegations of violence towards women. The Brazil international was given a leave of absence on September 10, but returned to England earlier this week and attended a voluntary interview with Greater Manchester Police on Thursday, having always strongly denied the accusations. United have confirmed that the 23-year-old will rejoin training with a view to returning to Erik ten Hag’s side, but he will not involved in Saturday’s Premier League clash with Crystal Palace. A club statement read: “Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has co-operated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so. “As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed. “This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case. “As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.” Antony is facing several accusations of physical aggression towards his former girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin, who spoke to Brazilian outlet UOL earlier this month. The winger has denied those allegations, as well as further assault claims made by Rayssa de Freitas and Ingrid Lana. He has not been arrested or charged in either Brazil or by GMP and he left the voluntary interview, where he presented evidence to support his strenuous denials, without any restrictions. United will continue to monitor the situation while police enquiries are going on. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-09-29 18:21

Verstappen faces grid penalties after 'shocking' Singapore qualifying
World championship leader Max Verstappen slammed the performance of his Red Bull on Saturday, saying it was "a shocking experience" not to make it to...
2023-09-17 00:16

Mikel Arteta: Arsenal must be at best in every department to beat Man City
Mikel Arteta said Arsenal’s Community Shield victory over Manchester City was important for confidence but admitted the Gunners will need to be “at our best in every department for 100 minutes” if they are to repeat that success in the Premier League this weekend. Arsenal beat Pep Guardiola’s treble-winning side on penalties in August after Leandro Trossard’s dramatic stoppage-time equaliser cancelled out Cole Palmer’s opener at Wembley. However, that result between the teams has been the exception in recent years. City had beaten Arsenal in eight successive matches heading into the Community Shield, while Guardiola’s men are currently on a 12-match winning streak against the Gunners in the Premier League. In fact, Arsenal have to go back to 2015 for the last time they claimed victory over City in the league, and Arteta knows what level of performance his side must produce on Sunday if they are to end that winless run. “It was an important one for us (winning in Community Shield),” Arteta said. “Having success against City is something you have to value, the way we played as well and it gave us confidence and a lift that we can beat them. “One thing for certain is that we know we will have to be at our best in every department for 100 minutes and then we will have a chance.” An Arsenal victory this weekend would see them move two points clear of current leaders City, but Arteta dismissed any suggestion it would be a season-defining result. One thing for certain is that we know we will have to be at our best in every department for 100 minutes and then we will have a chance. Arteta on Manchester City “It will be a big boost energy and confidence-wise but apart from that and the three points, nothing else,” he said. Arteta highlighted Guardiola’s strengths as a manager and noted his fellow Spaniard’s decision to play Bernardo Silva at left-back in previous meetings was unexpected. And the Gunners boss, who was Guardiola’s assistant at City between 2016 and 2019, credited his compatriot’s willingness to change tactics in games. “Every year we have new tools, new players and different things,” Arteta said. “We know each other, we expect things from each other but it is down to the players. “I didn’t expect him to play Bernardo at left-back. “Yes (expect Pep do make big changes in games) and he does that in big games. “He’s done it this season as well. Against different opponents he does different things and that’s a big quality of them (City) because they can change. “They can do this during the game, at half-time and that’s a strength, they can dominate.” Although City have dominated this fixture in recent years, Arteta took encouragement from his side’s performance in the Emirates clash between the two on New Year’s Day 2022. Bukayo Saka gave Arsenal the lead but City levelled through Riyad Mahrez’s penalty and, with the Gunners down to 10 men following Gabriel’s red card, snatched a stoppage-time winner through Rodri. Arteta, who missed the fixture following a positive Covid test, believes that match was a big step forward for Arsenal and that they learnt some valuable lessons. He said: “I could feel it from home and it was a huge step. It was a big one, with the way we played but we ended up losing the game and took some big lessons from it as well, but a lot of positives.” Read More We’re not top-four contenders: Unai Emery plays down Aston Villa’s strong start Chelsea boss Mauricio Pochettino knows importance of Burnley game after two wins Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola ponders how to replace Rodri against Arsenal Ange Postecoglou accepts Liverpool denied ‘legitimate goal’ by VAR error Erik Ten Hag knows Man Utd have ‘dropped in levels’ and need to improve fast Going through or going home? – Ireland v Scotland talking points
2023-10-06 23:29

Swiatek makes first grass-court semi-final ahead of Wimbledon
World number one Iga Swiatek made the semi-finals of a grass-court tournament for the first time by beating Anna Blinkova...
2023-06-30 01:48

Jarell Quansah keen to become ‘top centre-back’ after Liverpool breakthrough
Liverpool’s Jarell Quansah insists he has achieved nothing yet because he is not classed as one of the world’s greats. The defender has made his Anfield breakthrough this season and earned the faith of boss Jurgen Klopp. The manager said this month he was surprised about his rapid rise, with Liverpool having considered sending Quansah out on loan again after he spent the second half of last season with Bristol Rovers in League One. But the England Under-21 international, who made his Young Lions debut last month, has now made nine appearances for the Reds this season. However, it is not enough for the ambitious 20-year-old, who wants to make a lasting mark on the game. He said: “No (his season has not exceeded expectations), because no-one has said ‘Jarell Quansah is one of the best players in the world’ yet. “No-one’s said ‘he’s a top centre-back’. No-one’s said ‘he’s all this’, so until I’m regarded as at least one of the best players in the Premier League, then there is no reason for me to sit on what I’ve got and go ‘Oh yeah, I’ve played nine games for Liverpool’. That’s never been the end goal. “I’ve always just wanted to be a winner. I’ve hated losing since I was young. I used to cry when I lost. When I lose, it still ruins my weekend and stuff like that. “There is no point in setting goals that you think you could reach. You might as well just set a goal that maybe looks out of reach but you never know what you can get to. “Surprised could be deemed an interesting word but I think he (Klopp) means I wasn’t expected to be there yet. “I don’t think it was ‘It’s a surprise, I’ve trained with him before and he’s not a good player’. It was about how soon it’s come and how I’ve dealt with the adversity I have been thrown into. “It’s not expected from being on loan at Bristol Rovers to going straight into the first team, and to do as well as I did. That’s where the surprise came from.” Quansah made his debut in Liverpool’s late 2-1 win at Newcastle in August, coming on as a substitute for the injured Joel Matip after Virgil Van Dijk was sent off. He also had a goal disallowed in the Reds’ 3-2 Europa League defeat in Toulouse last week, while Harvey Elliott, Curtis Jones and Trent Alexander-Arnold have all offered words of wisdom. He said: “They just say enjoy it. It sounds so simple and cliche but it is easy for young centre-halves to not play their game, play safe and not do what they do at other levels just because it is a step up. “Them saying that relaxes you a bit, so when I get told to enjoy it I can be free and just play. I don’t have to worry about making mistakes because they’re going to happen. “I can’t remember the last player who had a perfect career and never made a mistake, that is going to happen and that is the way you learn best so just enjoy myself and do the best I can.” Now, Quansah is preparing to travel to Serbia on Friday for Saturday’s Euro 2025 qualifier in Backa Topola, before returning to face Northern Ireland at Goodison Park on Tuesday in Group F. Lee Carsley’s side are second in the group following last month’s late 3-2 defeat to Ukraine, having smashed Serbia 9-1 at the City Ground. The loss to Ukraine in Poland, after levelling at 2-2 having been 2-0 down, was just England’s third in qualifying since 2011 but Quansah is happy to learn the lessons. He said: “We didn’t lock the game down as the way we should have and their goal was a sucker punch. “Things are definitely going to be different (in Serbia), it’s always tough going away from home as we found out against Ukraine.” Read More Liam Dawson sees promise in fellow spinner Rehan Ahmed but calls for patience Expanded Vitality Blast Off will return to kick off new domestic T20 schedule Damien Comolli says Toulouse’s entire football operation ‘driven by data’ No end to pursuit of the world’s best players, Saudi Pro League official says Basketball coach says sport can play big role in developing skills of youngsters Newcastle, Man Utd and West Ham target Leverkusen defender
2023-11-16 20:27

Sadio Mane targeted by Steven Gerrard's Al Ettifaq
Bayern Munich forward Sadio Mane is a new target for Saudi Pro League side Al Ettifaq, who are managed by Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard. Jordan Henderson and Philippe Coutinho are also on their shortlist.
2023-07-13 17:27

Why was Roman Reigns banned from TikTok?
WWE superstar Roman Reigns no longer exists on TikTok, with fans speculating why has been banned from the platform. His account, previously boasting 1.3 million followers and almost 8 million likes, is currently showing a notice that explains his TikTok is banned and no longer available to users. Fans of the wrestler turned to other social media platforms to discuss speculations about the ban. Despite many raised eyebrows, it is likely to be a case of TikTok's strict policy against violence-related content. This includes simulated violence. One person wrote: "There’s no way right, why would he be banned? Who’s gonna unban the Tribal Chief?" Another added: "That moment you realize that TikTok didn’t acknowledge Roman Reigns…" Meanwhile, a third acknowledged: "What a tragic last 72 hours for Roman Reigns. Wow unbelievable." Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter It comes after Reigns was pinned down for the first time in over three years at Money In The Bank. Despite recent hurdles, Reigns remains one of the biggest stars in WWE after holding the Universal title for more than 1,000 days. In a 2021 interview, he opened up about changing up the "dynamic of the top guy". He told the New York Post at the time: "Being the face of WWE, and the way I’ve displayed it and the way that we’ve betrayed it, as opposed to lying about it and being this superman, bulletproof character who’s got these flamboyant colours on," "And come running out to the ring [and] everything’s happy go lucky and saying a whole bunch of stuff with this loud charisma that doesn’t really make that much sense, but sounded good because he had great energy." Indy100 reached out to TikTok for comment. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-06 16:22

Fred considering Man Utd future amid interest from Fulham & Saudi Pro League
Manchester United midfielder Fred considers his future at the club as Fulham, Roma and clubs in the Saudi Pro League show interest. The 30-year-old joined United in June 2018 and is contracted to the club for another year.
2023-07-12 00:25

The NBA’s New Cup Tournament Is Bringing in Viewers
If you happened to tune in to an NBA game in November on a Tuesday or Friday night,
2023-12-02 20:56
You Might Like...

Ogunbowale, Sabally lead Wings to 90-77 victory over Mercury

Barcelona transfer rumours: Frenkie de Jong swap deal, Sergio Busquets replacement confirmed

Robert Lewandowski confirms Saudi Pro League & MLS move intentions

Erik ten Hag sends warning to Harry Maguire over Man Utd future

Five players Chelsea could target to replace Mason Mount

Rome E-Prix temporarily halted after multi-car crash at high speed

Struggling Jaguars are facing a reality check after buying into preseason hype

The Pats, at 1-5 for 1st time under Belichick, taking small improvements back to the drawing board