
Texas A&M will be second SEC team to face Miami at Hard Rock Stadium when they meet Saturday
The Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) will travel to South Florida to face the Miami Hurricanes (1-0) as just the second SEC team to ever face Miami at Hard Rock Stadium
2023-09-08 01:52

Rays-Royals rain delay: Weather updates for Royals game today, July 14
The Rays and Royals game today, July 14, had to be postponed because of bad weather in Kansas City, delaying the start of the second half of the season.With the All-Star break complete, the Rays and Royals were ready to get the season going again on Friday night.The weather in Missouri had o...
2023-07-15 05:58

Germany missing key pair for Women's World Cup opener
Germany are set to start their Women's World Cup campaign on Monday without key players Marina Hegering and Lena Oberdorf through injury, as...
2023-07-21 13:23

Ons Jabeur gets consoled by Princess Kate after a loss at Wimbledon made her 0-3 in Slam finals
Ons Jabeur says her defeat in the Wimbledon final was the most painful loss of her career
2023-07-16 01:25

New Zealand end Sexton's career with more World Cup woe for Ireland
Three-time champions New Zealand inflicted more World Cup heartbreak on Ireland on Saturday, beating them 28-24 to bring a bitterly disappointing end to Irish...
2023-10-15 05:21

Deal with 'shadow side' of sports, UN rights chief says after Vinicius abuse
The United Nations rights chief decried Wednesday the racist attacks on Brazilian footballer Vinicius Junior during a match in Spain, urging concerted efforts to...
2023-05-24 19:53

Frazier, Henderson power 8-run 7th, Orioles win 9-6, stop Yanks' 5-game win streak
Adam Frazier hit a three-run homer and pinch-hitter Gunnar Henderson had a go-ahead, two-run double in an eight-run seventh inning that rallied the Baltimore Orioles over the Yankees 9-6 and stopped New York’s season-high, five-game winning streak
2023-05-25 11:57

Jurgen Klopp's half-time team talk that inspired Liverpool comeback at Wolves
Liverpool duo Dominik Szoboszlai and Andy Robertson have opened up on how manager Jurgen Klopp inspired their 3-1 comeback win at Wolves on Saturday. The Reds recovered from a one-goal deficit to take the three points and remain unbeaten.
2023-09-17 18:21

Hollywood Brown shows ultimate sign of disrespect towards Ravens
Wide receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown took a shot at his former team, the Baltimore Ravens when discussing the Arizona Cardinals offense heading into this season.When it comes to expectations heading into the 2023 NFL season, the Arizona Cardinals don't have much when it comes ...
2023-08-12 06:16

Glazer family set to miss Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton’s funeral
The Glazer family are set to miss the funeral of Manchester United legend Bobby Charlton with the club’s owners understood to be wary of becoming a distraction. World Cup winner Charlton passed away last month, with a funeral procession set to be held through the streets of Manchester today. The funeral cortège will pass Old Trafford, the ground Charlton called home between 1956 and 1973, before reaching Manchester Cathedral, where up to 1,000 people will gather to bid farewell. The Glazer brothers, Avram and Joel, will not be among them, though. The American family have owned Manchester United for almost two decades after patriarch Malcolm took a majority stake in the club in 2005, but their premiership has proved increasingly unpopular, with protests commonplace at Old Trafford since an era of sustained and significant success came to an end. British billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe is set to soon complete a £1.3b deal that will see the Ineos owner take 25% ownership of the club, which remains one of sport’s biggest brands. According to the Daily Star, the Glazer family held talks with club officials about attending Charlton’s funeral service but decided that the risk of receiving abuse might overshadow and detract from the event. The family dealt regularly with the former midfielder in his role as a director of the club. Charlton was a regular in the Old Trafford stands until being diagnosed with dementia in November 2020. He died three years on from the diagnosis after an accidental fall at the nursing home at which he was receiving care. Read More Rasmus Hojlund says ‘a matter of time’ until Erik ten Hag improves Man United Sir Bobby Charlton died after fall at care home, inquest hears Sir Bobby Charlton funeral announced for November 13
2023-11-13 21:51

Sasha Vezenkov is exactly what the Sacramento Kings need
Euroleague MVP Sasha Vezenkov is exactly what the Sacramento Kings needed this offseason and a great fit with De'Aaron Fox and Domantas Sabonis.Six years ago, Sasha Vezenkov was one of the final picks of the 2017 NBA Draft, selected by the rebuilding Brooklyn Nets.In the time since he w...
2023-07-06 21:56

Betfred ads featuring boxer Anthony Joshua banned because of appeal to under-18s
Three tweets for bookmaker Betfred featuring Anthony Joshua have been banned after a watchdog found the boxer’s strong appeal among under-18s broke gambling ad rules. The first of the three posts in March and April, which promoted a forthcoming fight for the boxer, featured Joshua being interviewed by commentator Dom McGuinness about his diet ahead of his bout against Jermaine Franklin, with text stating: “How does @anthonyjoshua stay in shape? A diet consisting of bananas with rice & ketchup with sweetcorn. How does @ant_crolla stay in shape? Guinness.” The second tweet featured a video of Joshua being interviewed about how he prepares for fights, while the third included excerpts from an interview about his mentality when fighting. The ruling forms part of wider work by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) banning gambling ads which, under strengthened rules, are prohibited for being likely to be of strong appeal to under-18s. They were identified for investigation with the use of AI to search for online ads that might break the rules. Betfred acknowledged that Joshua is “undoubtedly a star in the sport of boxing”, but said he is reaching the end of his career and, therefore, the ads posed a low risk of appealing to children. Social media data showed that none of Joshua’s followers on X/Twitter, Facebook or TikTok was registered as being between 13 and 17 years old, while 5 per cent of his Snapchat followers and 6.6 per cent of his Instagram followers were registered as being between 13 and 17 years old. Overall, the company said, he has 29.3 million followers worldwide, which it acknowledged means he has a substantial social media presence, with 1.1 million users registered as being under 18. He has 7.2 million followers in total in the UK and, assuming age breakdowns in the UK mirror worldwide figures, Betfred believes approximately 280,000 of Joshua’s UK followers are under 18. It acknowledged that the total number excludes Snapchat, for which it did not have UK-specific data. The ASA noted that Joshua is a 33-year-old former world champion boxer who is considered a high-profile “star” in the sport. It said: “Although they made up a small proportion of his total followers, we considered that over 1.1 million followers aged under 18 was a significant number in absolute terms. “We therefore considered that, because he had such large numbers of social media followers who were under 18, Mr Joshua was of inherent strong appeal to under-18s.” Betfred is committed to ensuring that our marketing does not have a strong appeal to under-18s, and we are firmly of the view that the posting of these interviews with Anthony Joshua in no way undermined that commitment Betfred The ASA ruled that the ads must not appear again in their current form, adding: “We told Betfred not to include a person or character who had strong appeal to those under 18 years of age in their advertising in future.” Betfred said it will be seeking an independent review of “this unjust decision”. A spokesman said: “Betfred is committed to ensuring that our marketing does not have a strong appeal to under-18s, and we are firmly of the view that the posting of these interviews with Anthony Joshua in no way undermined that commitment. “It should also be remembered that the ASA did not receive a single complaint from a member of the public about our association with Anthony Joshua in this respect.” Read More Sarina Wiegman admits England learned ‘hard lesson’ against Belgium Mauricio Pochettino says Chelsea need to give Nicolas Jackson ‘confidence’ Erik ten Hag says ‘only a matter of time’ until Manchester United form improves Alex Greenwood suffers head injury in England’s clash with Belgium We’re better than that – Dawid Malan deflects England heat from Matthew Mott Sir Bobby Charlton funeral announced for November 13
2023-11-01 11:24
You Might Like...

Sri Lanka bowl against India as hosts eye World Cup semi-finals

Moefana replaces Danty in France centers facing New Zealand in Rugby World Cup opener

Two-time Olympic triple jumper Ana José Tima banned 3 years for doping

MLS's Charlotte fire Italian coach Lattanzio

Francisco Mejía has sac fly in 8th, major league-leading Rays beat Brewers 1-0

How to watch Louisville vs. Georgia Tech without ESPN on Spectrum

Texas Tech vs. Florida prediction and odds for Gainesville Regional elimination game

Best NFL Preseason Promos: Bet $10 on Preseason Week 3, Win $400 Bonus + $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket!